About this item
Here is the book you need to discover and develop the twelve virtues that St. John Baptist de La Salle (1651-1719) - patron of teachers, education reformer, and founder of the congregation of the Brothers of the Christian Schools - determined were most important for teachers.
Br. Luke Grande, F.S.C., fleshes out the essence of each virtue as it relates to teaching and how educators can cooperate with Godâ€™s grace to actualize the potentialities of students in their charge.
In page after page, you will be inspired by practical advice and reflections, including:
- Four prudent ways of establishing a well-run class - and dramatically reducing disciplinary problems
- Six "fallouts" of impatience in the classroom - and the best way to guard against it
- Techniques for establishing consistency, discretion, and "fair play" among students
- How to overcome pride, make God the center of your classroom, and accept guidance
- Two surefire ways to enkindle a love of learning within students and appreciation for small gains
- The pursuit of wisdom - knowing when to act and how to await Godâ€™s help with trust
You will also learn how to provide an example by how you pray and how you do "ordinary things greatly," and how "playin(more...)